Beautiful 18th Century Chateau Nr Bergerac FRMD144
South West France, DordogneSleeps 14
- Holiday Rental Chateau, near Bergerac, Dordogne, South West France
- Sleeps up to 14 with 7 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms
- 10m x 5m Swimming Pool
- WIFI, table tennis, covered dining terrace
- Daily Maid 8hrs per week
- 15 mins to Bergerac with International Airport and Dordogne river
- From £3280 to £5000 rental per week
|Back to Search|
AvailabilityAdd shortlistPrint pageView map Email to a friend Make an enquiryBook now
A beautiful 7 bedroom Chateau, set just 15 minutes north of Bergerac in the heart of the beautiful Dordogne countryside. This Chateau offers stunning French decor with antiques and soft furnishings as well as being a versatile vacation home. You enter through large iron gates and drive up towards the Chateau which stads in over 30 hectares of land. The reception rooms are large and ideal for family groups. The 7 bedrooms are well equipped and Bedrooms 1 and 7 have en-suite shower rooms.
This Chateau is a truly wonderful rental with a layout which is ideal for both large parties as well as more intimate gatherings. The Entrance Hall has an original stone spiral staircase leading up to the first floor bedrooms. The Dining Room which can seat up to 14 guests has a large stone fireplace and access to the Living Room. The kitchen is well equipped and there is a large BBQ for outdoor catering. The Living Room has comfortable chairs as well as more formal antique pieces.
There are 6 bedrooms in the Chateau and then a 7th bedroom in the converted Chapel.
• Bedroom 1 has a double bed with its own en-suite shower room
• Bedroom 2 has a double bed and shares a bathroom with Bedroom 3
• Bedroom 3 has a double bed and shares a bathroom with Bedroom 2
• Bedroom 4 has a double bed
• Bedroom 5 has a double bed
• Bedroom 6 has two single beds. This bedroom is ideal for children as the family bathroom is accessed through this bedroom.
• Bedroom 7 is in the converted Chapel and it has a double bed with an en-suite shower-room.
The Chateau is ideal for outdoor living with a number of terraces set around the Chateau. From the Living Room, there are French doors out onto the terrace where you will find comfortable outdoor furniture. The Chateau estate comprises of over 30 hectares of varied terrain and offers the best of all worlds for its guests. There are formal gardens and terraces, yet at the same time there are informal lawned areas, grassy meadows and long woodland walks.
The 10m x 5m swimming pool has steps to enter and is partially walled. There are plenty of sun recliners around the pool and seating for everyone to relax.
This beautiful Chateau is located between two major medieval towns of Bergerac (15 mins) and Perigueux (25 mins) yet is set in the most idyllic situtaion surrounded by 31 ha of woodland and rolling meadows. It is a short drive to the local Boulangerie and the town of Vergt is a 10 minute drive away with amenities such as Supermarkets and shops.
The Dordogne river-side town of Bergerac is under 20kms away where you will restaurants, shops, markets, museums as well as the International Airport. The Chateau is ideally placed in the Dordogne being equi-distance between St Emilion to the west and Sarlat to the east, both of which are approximately an hour away. South of the Dordogne river, you have the beautiful medieval towns such as Issigeac, Beaumont and Monflanquin. There are two golf courses nearby including the 18 hole championship golf course at Chateau Vigiers.
The Chateau is just 15 minutes from the International Airport at Bergerac. Ryanair flies here from London Stansted, Liverpool, Nottingham, and Bristol. Flybe flies into Bergerac from London Gatwick, Southampton, Exeter and Edinburgh. There are also interconnecting flights to Belfast, Glasgow, Dundee and Newcastle with Flybe. Jet2 flies to Leeds Bradford Airport and Transvania flies to Rotterdam. Twinjet also now flies from Bergerac to Paris.
Bordeaux International Airport which is much larger is approximately is a 1hr 30 minutes drive for the Chateau.
- Sleeps up to 14 plus cots
- 7 bedrooms
- 4 bath/shower rooms
- Dining Room which can seat up to 14
- Flat Screen TV, DVD
- Living Room
- 10m x 5m Swimming Pool
- BBQ, and Table Tennis
- 8 hrs cleaning each week
- Additional Services can be arranged including cooking and shopping. Please enquire for menus (starting from €13 per head).